Most people associate Sun City with entertainment, live shows, gambling, golf and the water world. Not many realise that Sun City and Pilanesberg Game Reserve combined, offer one of the best adventure centres in South Africa.
Five of the more popular adventure activities:
* Try a Hot Air Balloon Safari. This is one of the most breath-taking experiences you’ll ever undertake. Rising high above the Pilanesburg Game Reserve, a safari of this nature gives a bird’s eye view of the wildlife found within the park and ends with a delicious breakfast in these beautiful surroundings.
* Ever ridden an elephant? Yes, you can!. If you’re up for gigantic mammals, then an Elephant Back Safari – which takes you through the Letsatsing Game Reserve – is the activity to experience.
* Try your hand at clay pigeon shooting. No experience necessary as the instructors will help you become acquainted with the 12 gauge shotguns used in this activity.
* Go on an adventure-filled quad bike trail through the Letsatsing Game Park under the watchful eye of an experienced guide. This is an exciting activity that the whole family can join – with the possibility of spotting some of the animal species in the reserve.
* Get a bird’s eye-view of the Waterworld Lake. One short run and get swept off your feet into the air. Try para-sailing by yourself or bring a buddy and try in tandem.
One can add game viewing and safaris, horse riding, zipline riding, the crocodile centre, jet ski, bow shooting and a number more. And Sun City is only 2.5 hours from Johannesburg.